What value does it add to your blog? Well, see for yourself how it adds value to techedIN.
- One click and you can translate the page into 11 languages, one at a time. Wibiya uses the Translation Feature offered by Google to do this. When you click on the 'Translate' button, you are redirected to the tool that Google uses to translate a page. The user interface of techedIN remains as it is. Only the content gets translated.
- Another feature I liked is the option to view random posts. Click on the Random Post button and it will take you to one of the posts on techedIN which you would have otherwise missed out, as it is archived.
- The toolbar can also give you a list of recent posts. One click and you get a list of recent posts. Click on the one you want to read and it will take you there.
- The toolbar also has options to let readers subscribe to the RSS Feed or share a post with a community.
- Wibiya also gives you an option to share notifications with your readers. It is a flash pop-up that shows up as you load the blog. I toyed with the idea of using it as a pop-up always annoys readers. I thought I wouldn't use it. I changed my mind when I saw how effectively it can be used to interact with the readers. I have adapted the notification pop-up [I don't know if I should call it a pop up. It is a flash-object that shows up as the blog loads and goes off on its own in a few seconds.] I christened the pop-up as 'News @ techedIN' I thought it can be used to share IT related news that I find interesting with the readers. No harm in it, what do you think?
You can also let readers tweet your posts. I decided against using it as I already have retweet option enabled for the posts on my blog.
What more? Wibiya has a community to help users tackle the toolbar management issues.
And I really liked the way it looks on my blog. I received my first compliment from a reader for making the blog look good, after I installed the toolbar.
I think you should go ahead and give it a shot. And don't forget to tell me what you felt about it!
Image from Wibiya's Site