August 20, 2009

The thin line between IT love and hate!

I have no idea who said it! But I have heard that there is only a thin line between love and hate and I think it is true when I look at Information Technology!

There are a lot of people who say they hate Microsoft. There are a lot of people who say they hate Google Search and their Advertisement Practices. There are a lot of people who say they hate, especially Americans who say they hate, AT & T. There are a lot of people who say they hate Facebook. On Internet, the trend is, even with me, quite a few people hate what is popular. This is where the idea that there is only a thin line between love and hate becomes absolutely true!

I use almost all products Microsoft! But if you read my Blog you will feel that I'm someone who uses nothing Microsoft. The fact is I'm someone who can't survive without using Vista and MS Office. Then why do I go saying bad things about Microsoft? Because they make me pay for using their services. You do not find a similar objection against Google because they give me things free of cost. I don't have to pay them. The idea is, there is no rationale behind love and hate! We just try and find as many excuses as possible to say we hate!

There are people who don't show up in Google Search Results. They blame Google for making the search results editorial. Why do they do that? They are pissed off by the fact that they don't show up when some one searches for something on Google. What do they do? They try to teach Google how to run a Search Engine. They tell them that editing search results is a crime. The idea is, we say we hate if the person whom we want to notice us does not notice us! We just try and find as many excuses as possible to say we hate!

There are a lot of Americans who don't like AT & T! AT & T trends on Twitter quite often. Why? Because they rejected a Google App. Because they charge for calls per minute. They try and teach AT & T how to run their business. The truth is people still use AT & T in USA. And the idea is, we say we hate someone who makes us pay! We blame them for not helping to let technology grow! We blame them for not allowing us to use it for free! We just try and find as many excuses as possible to say we hate!

I was just wondering what would we have done if all those IT companies we hate ceased to exist. What would have happened? Nothing! Yes, absolutely nothing! We would have found other companies to love and hate at the same time! Till then, we'll continue using the services these companies provide and blame them for not making it easy for us. I think the thin line between IT love and hate will continue to exist as long as IT is going to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of what
I wrote?

How to prevent ad-type.google.com from ruining your reading experience?

Ad-type.google.com is a nuisance. It is the meanest possible click fraud one would ever encounter online. It affects your browsing experien...